PDA

View Full Version : Benchmark Test

Roger Evans
2004-04-15, 07:30 PM
Not so long ago I think I caught a thread which suggested having a standard file issued for testing hardware performance / render performance etc

Has there been any progresss on this?

Cheers

Roger

Steven Campbell
2004-04-15, 08:30 PM
I created one a while back for my personal use but I am not sure if I still have it. I will check when I get home.

Steve

beegee
2004-04-20, 01:02 AM
Still waiting Steve. :wink:

And ChrisZ... ditto :wink:

Myself and a few people at Revit have been working out ideas for a Revit benchmark system, look for it in the coming months.

In the meantime, have a look at Accurender's ar3sysmark (www.accustudio.com/forum/thinktank/ar3sysmark.htm) benchmark tests. Makes interesting reading.

Steven Campbell
2004-04-20, 03:10 AM
I will have to start over I must of formatted my home computer and lost it last time I rebuilt. Sorry...

will get on it this week...

Steve

Roger Evans
2004-04-20, 02:46 PM
Just a thought

it seems a lot of people students etc are still with 5.1 would it ok to prepare this test in 5.1 ~ you would then have comparison between builds as well as between hardware

Roger

Steven Campbell
2004-04-20, 03:53 PM
5.1 was also what I was thinking, the trick will be to make sure it runs in 6.0 and 6.1.

I was thinking of starting with a simple rendering test to start, with 3 parts. An interior rendering with multiple lights, a radiosity and exterior rendering timing each individual part and outputting the info to a simple text file.

Steve

Roger Evans
2004-04-20, 05:37 PM
Spot on Steve That sounds good

Roger