PDA

View Full Version : displaying design options in a linked revit database

rschladweiler
2006-02-14, 08:14 PM
Is it possible to display an option in a linked Revit database? I am unable to find this under visibility settings for a link Revit file. Also, is it possible to control visibility for a linked Revit database by workset, as this would be one other way to manage design options. Please help. Thanks in advance.

aggockel50321
2006-02-14, 08:32 PM
Is it possible to display an option in a linked Revit database? I am unable to find this under visibility settings for a link
Make the option you want to show the primary option, & then it'll show in the linked file.

Also, is it possible to control visibility for a linked Revit database by workset, as this would be one other way to manage design options
No

brett05
2006-06-21, 04:54 AM
Dont know if you worked this one out, but I was looking for the same thing and found that v9 can handle this. Look under the Revit Links tab in visibility graphics.

Cheers, Brett

DaveP
2006-07-17, 05:03 PM
..v9 can handle this. Look under the Revit Links tab in visibility graphics.

Cheers, BrettI can see the Design Options in the Links tab, but can't find Worksets.
Possible? or no?

Edit:
Never mind... I found it
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=19562&highlight=workset+link
The option is in Reload From, not Visibility

tyfullerton607290
2016-09-22, 05:48 PM
I had trouble with this as well- here's what's working for us.

"Visibility Settings" then go to the tab "Revit Links" then under "Display Settings" change "By Host View" to Custom under the basics tab.

Finally* go to the design options tab and change to the design option you want for that view. I got all the way to design options, changed it to the option i wanted from the linked file but it wasnt showing. Key is to change from "By host view" to "CUSTOM"