PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Blocks in X-Ref's

jm.pearson105333
2006-02-15, 05:09 PM
An engineer at my company had an issue trying to bring a dynamic block that is used frequently into a plan which was x-reffing a base plan. When we tried placing it on a "wall"(using vanilla AutoCAD, not ADT), the block was thrown into space. We have tried many solutions, I have contacted an Autodesk support person, and they have found a fix, but it did not work for us. We have never had any problems with this block before, and I don't imagine we will again. We have found a loophole, but are still looking for a cause for the problem. Any ideas?

Rico
2006-02-15, 08:20 PM
An engineer at my company had an issue trying to bring a dynamic block that is used frequently into a plan which was x-reffing a base plan. When we tried placing it on a "wall"(using vanilla AutoCAD, not ADT), the block was thrown into space. We have tried many solutions, I have contacted an Autodesk support person, and they have found a fix, but it did not work for us. We have never had any problems with this block before, and I don't imagine we will again. We have found a loophole, but are still looking for a cause for the problem. Any ideas? Make sure that the block is not being used in the X-Ref? would be my suggestion. Either that, or maybe try placing it in the drawings area and then moving it to the wall? No science to it, just some ideas off the top of my head.

jm.pearson105333
2006-02-15, 08:50 PM
That's what we ended up doing as our loophole. We placed it not adjacent to anything, then moved it over to a wall, as if it were an unintelligent block.

Rico
2006-02-16, 01:54 PM
That's what we ended up doing as our loophole. We placed it not adjacent to anything, then moved it over to a wall, as if it were an unintelligent block. also maybe make sure that they are all on the same "Z" plane ...... just another idea, is all.

jm.pearson105333
2006-02-16, 02:03 PM
also maybe make sure that they are all on the same "Z" plane ...... just another idea, is all.

Trust me, that was the first thing we checked.