PDA

View Full Version : Pads, Topography, phasing

patricks
2006-02-15, 05:26 PM
I'm really having trouble understanding what's going on here.

I have an existing toposurface, which is demolished on the New phase, and then a new graded toposurface on the New phase.

I have 2 pads, one under the existing building, created on the Existing phase, and never demolished. Another pad is under the new building addition, and is created on the New phase.

The problem is that both pads are cutting my new toposurface, but the pad created on the existing phase is not cutting the existing toposurface. If I go to a 3D view and isolate the pads and surfaces, and set the view phase to Existing, I can see the existing toposurface with an outline of where the pad is underneath, but nothing is cut out from the surface.

Since both pads cut the new surface, it's not really a problem, except on my site grading plan, where I can see some of the dashed topo lines of the existing surface passing underneath the existing building. I don't want to see those, I only want to see the existing and new grading lines around the outside of the building, and underneath the new portion.

mallaire86
2010-04-15, 03:50 PM
I just did a search of the forum in order to find a solution to this exact problem. I've had it for years and just figured, "hey - it's 2010...there must be a solution by now!". Alas...I'm mistaken it seems...pads still do not behave as they should and cause chaos on your site.

I too, wish to create topos and pads in existing phases, grade the region and have the pad either show up or demolish when I ask it to. They have a mind of their own....

Anyone know if this is any better in 2011? Haven't looked for the program changes yet...

d.stairmand
2010-04-15, 04:00 PM
Yep
Pads are only meant to be used in the New Phase - Not the Existing