PDA

View Full Version : family line work help

nrenfro
2004-04-17, 03:04 AM
How did they do it!
I' have seen it done many times and I have pocked around some of the families, but I can't figure it out.
how do you add or modify line styles. I would like to beef up the line work on the border of my Title block, and add hidden and over head lines to some of my families.

beegee
2004-04-17, 04:08 AM
In the family file, try > Settings > Object Styles >Projection Lineweight.

SkiSouth
2004-04-17, 03:40 PM
Here's something I've been working on - See if it helps... It explores how to set pen weights and visibilty in families inserted in projects. Comments are welcome, especially where I'm incorrect or unclear. Typos will be there so be kind.

nrenfro
2004-04-18, 03:41 AM
As always thank you Beegee for your time and wisdom, your help and advice is alwas greatly appreciated as you have taken the time to respond to most of my questions of this nature.

Skisouth, your post was very helpful and right on point. I must ask is this tutorial part of something bigger? I have found Revit’s help menu to be excellent source of information, but only for big picture issues. Although the concept you have explained is very simple I find that things of this nature are part of a next layer of refinement which is necessary information needed to fully harness the power of Revit. Thank you for the time to go into depth on the subject, as it will most defiantly effect many of the families I am creating and refining.

SkiSouth
2004-04-18, 11:06 AM
Its in progress, but how far it gets depends on time and feed back. You know, along with cutting the grass, going to ball games - making a lving.
Glad it helped. Any other area you feel I should look at along these "line" lines? :lol: