PDA

View Full Version : uneditable text / phantom text

jnewell
2006-02-16, 12:57 AM
I recently installed ABS 2006, and have encountered a problem with the text "dissapearing". The problem is as such:

When i open drawings, some of the MTEXT literally becomes part of the paper space, where you can't select it, edit it, or anything. I've attached a screen shot showing an inclusive selection box around some of the "problem" text, and other misc. objects along with the properties window showing all recognized items. Any ideas?

Mike.Perry
2006-02-16, 12:31 PM
I recently installed ABS 2006, and have encountered a problem with the text "dissapearing"Hi

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the CAD Standards (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=264) forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

jnewell
2006-02-16, 03:21 PM
FYI, I tried to audit and purge, regen all, close and open, all but re-install BS.
I don't know if this is a fix, but I found a command in the CAD Manager pulldown called _AecVisualAudit
tried it, and the text comes back from the dead. (so i guess you could call it a fix?)

RobertB
2006-02-28, 03:45 AM
Have you installed the latest service packs?

jnewell
2006-02-28, 06:33 AM
well, i did on my old machine and problems started to pop-up...
i.e. opening up layer manager, clicking on the color box to edit the color and the color dialogue box would be hidden (requiring me to enter the color numerically by memory). And numerous other small problems.
I've since switched to a pretty powerful laptop and have not built up enough courage to install the updates yet.