PDA

View Full Version : Room Tags iwith different associated levels

TheRevitGeek
2006-02-16, 05:10 PM
Ok I have a project where there are different floor (levels) heights at different areas of the building and the building is large enough to where I have a matchline in it. I went and created the individual floor plan views for each match side of the building. When I created these floor plans I used the floor level for each of them (ie level-a-16' and level-a-18') and tagged the rooms in each split view. I now want to tag all the rooms in the full floor plan (level-a-full floor) but it only recognizes half of the rooms from being tagged before because the associated level is level-a-16'. So all of the tags placed in the match view of level-a-a18' are not recognized in the entire floor view. I don't think I explained it well so I have attached a sample file for review

So my question is how do I get all room tags to read the same in the full floor plan as the partial floor plans. Is there a way to make a room tag use an associated level that is not the one per the view. I know my sample only has me redoing a few tags but the actual project has hundreds.

aggockel50321
2006-02-16, 07:00 PM
Try this.

Duplicate each view with detailing.

Place each view on one sheet side by side.

TheRevitGeek
2006-02-16, 09:51 PM
Thanks but I thought of that. The reason I need it is basically to send out to the consultants and I really dont want to rename all the room tags and plus it then shows in the schedules as duplicate rooms.

aggockel50321
2006-02-17, 03:21 PM
You won't get the behavior you describe.

The rooms themselves don't duplicate, just the view & the room tags do. Both will carry the same name & number.

irwin
2006-02-18, 01:48 AM
You won't get the behavior you describe.

The rooms themselves don't duplicate, just the view & the room tags do. Both will carry the same name & number.
I don't think this will work. A room has an associated level. You can't have two room tags on different levels showing the same room.