PDA

View Full Version : How can i make a railing of this type?

aaronlogan
2006-02-18, 12:37 AM
I have no idea where to start on this one. I hope it's even possible. The elevation and detail I posted should be enough to give you the idea of what I'm looking for. Thanks alot for any direction.

SkiSouth
2006-02-18, 03:04 AM
Aaron. Is this for a 3d presentation, or are you doing a 2d presentation /WD?

Use a hatch to define the mesh on a railing panel if not 3d, and draw your section 2d. You could do this, but it would take some time. Kinda hard to read your posted images in section though.

cadkiller
2006-02-18, 04:28 AM
How would you model this type of rail if you had to?
Would be nice if we had a 3D model hatch pattern capability.
Could be used for chain link fence, expanded metal, welded wire, bird screen, etc.

sbrown
2006-02-18, 02:36 PM
You do have that ability, create a material called mesh, set it to have a crosshatch pattern(surface) set the transparency in the shaded box of the material to 100.

Note: I know it will be transparent in 3d, not sure about elevation.

PeterJ
2006-02-18, 10:11 PM
Not in elevation, I think.

Rhythmick
2006-02-18, 10:38 PM
I had those issues with a screen porch made with curtain panels. In elevations I turned the curtain panel visibility off and replaced them with transparent filled regions. I don't see how you can turn the railing panel visibility off though. Perhaps the railings could be built with the curtain wall tool. Also in Isometric plotting I had to use raster to maintain the transperency of the panels.

aaronlogan
2006-02-18, 11:42 PM
i only need this to work in the renderings...thats it. Thanks for the suggestions, I think im going to try and model everything using extrusions and sweeps though. I'll let you guys see how it turns out...thanks.