PDA

View Full Version : Network licensing

Vincent Valentijn
2004-04-20, 08:26 AM
Hi,
I've run into a problem with licensing Revit 6.1 throuhg the network. Revit 6.0 gets its license through the network license server just fine, but 6.1 which is directed to the same server can't get licensed.
Why is this? Is it because I still run 6.0 or what? I didn't think I should install a new license for 6.1 since it is a subscription right? please some input is highly appreciated.

Oh.. I also just noticed when reading the licensefile that is in fact for the Revit Series 1.. but this should be okay too right?

LRaiz
2004-04-20, 11:01 AM
Have you installed new network license server? Or are you trying to use with 6.1 the same server that worked for you months ago with 6.0?

If not follow the Read This First link on the download page and read the portion related to network licensing.

Vincent Valentijn
2004-04-20, 11:25 AM
Well.. I'm using FlexLM 9.22 as required and also Revit 6.0 is currently still running from this LM without any problems. :?
I was wondering if this could be a conflict between Revit 6.0 and 6.1 running side-by-side (which is currently necessary for us for running projects). I can't find any such info..

oh.. btw.. nice to hear you Leonid, great work!

Scott D Davis
2004-04-20, 04:41 PM
if your Revit 6.0 is by itself, and your 6.1 is Revit series, you need to get a new, different license from your reseller/autodesk to run it. Your Revit license wont run your Revit Series product..

slb
2004-04-20, 08:27 PM
You'll need to append a 6.1 feature code to your network license file regardless...

You can get your 6.1 license yourself at http://register.autodesk.com

Vincent Valentijn
2004-04-21, 07:14 AM
OKAY..

stupid ME :oops: I completely missed this comment on the download site:

NOTES: Autodesk Revit 6.1 may not be used with AutoCAD Revit Series 1.0.
thanx scott for hinting in this direction..

sorry for the confusion and thanx for the comments guys. Just one remark left to make;
Why the @#$ can't I get 6.1 now!? just because I was stupid to install the series product? this cannot be for real can it? :(

I want 6.1 :evil: !!