PDA

View Full Version : Curtainwall panel cleanup puzzler

dbaldacchino
2006-02-20, 10:28 PM
Hi all,

I'm building a curtain wall with 2" and 4" mullions. I created 3 sets of each mullion with different "offsets" (depending on if you type in the mullion dimension on "side 1" or "side 2" in the type properties) and suffixed them with RIGHT, LEFT and CENTER. This way I can change mullions of different sizes to align with others any way I want them to. It's kinda clumsy and cumbersome, but there's no other way I know of to achieve the same result. Unless someone can enlighten me, I would say Revit might need some improvement on this.

Anyway, all was fine until I needed to join some panels together. So I highlighted the grid, clicked "Add or Remove Segments" and some curtain wall panels started acting funny, not cleaning up the way I expect them to. Does anyone know how to correct this or whether it has happened to you before? See attached image and Revit file.

sjsl
2006-02-21, 01:09 AM
I haven't loaded the file but from what I see, there could be another grid line behind the one in front.

Funny, I created a new cw w/ your pieces and cannot replicate the result no matter how I slice it. I did notice in your cw the 4x7 left and right cause the problem. I even stretched you wall and it helped eliminate some of the problems. Did you create a new horiz mullion family?

sjsl
2006-02-21, 01:33 AM
I deleted your grid line where there is a problem and replaced it. The problem went away for me. Select mullion grid line and instead of using the remove grid segments, use the delete key. Seems to clear up any problems once you put a new in.

dbaldacchino
2006-02-21, 02:13 AM
sjsl,

No I'm using the rectangular mullion in the template and created new types with different values to create mullions that line up to the left, right or center of the grid. I've managed to eliminate some problems by removing the grid and creating an new one, but some problems won't go away, even when I recreated it. And I have to use the Add or Remove segments to join panels. When you select a grid line and delete, the whole thing goes away.

I started having this problem when I added mullions that line to the left or right of the grid and when I use the Add/Remove segments or if I add a gridline in just one segment. But if you're using different mullion thicknesses, you have to do this so you can align the mullion faces that you want lined up. I think what's happening to this curtain wall might be a bug of some sort. I might send this in as a support request. But hey, thanks a lot for looking into it :)

dbaldacchino
2006-02-21, 11:54 PM
Ok, filed this as a support request and it has been documented and sent to the development team. It sounds like a similar case had been filed and this problem might be fixed for the next release. I'll update this thread as I hear more.