PDA

View Full Version : Problem entering the distance at the command line, when using linear parameter

JAC.95598
2006-02-20, 10:56 PM
When you are modifying a linear parameter you can select the grip then type in the distance at the command prompt, or you can change the size in the properties palette. But if you change the base location for the linear parameter from startpoint to midpoint (so both sides stretch evenly) you can no longer enter the distance at the command line because it changes to some random size. You can still change the size in the properties palette though.Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

jm.pearson105333
2006-02-21, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure, but I'd venture to guess that if the base point is the midpoint, and you wanted it to stretch properly, you should input half the distance on the command line. Maybe?

JAC.95598
2006-03-02, 03:39 PM
no, that doesn't work either. The size is completely random, I'm guessing it might be a bug. Hopefully they will have it fixed in the next release.

Opie
2006-03-02, 03:53 PM
no, that doesn't work either. The size is completely random, I'm guessing it might be a bug. Hopefully they will have it fixed in the next release.
Do you have dynamic input on? This may be the problem.

sinc
2006-03-02, 04:13 PM
Or a floating command window? Both floating (or hidden) command windows and dynamic input trigger a variety of input bugs.