PDA

View Full Version : pinning and unpinning object globally

Allen Quedawg392
2006-02-21, 02:20 PM
:-D can you unpin object globally (all at once)? i need to temporally pin a lot of objects but i dont want to have to take the time unpin ALL the objects? Can any help or do i need add this to the wish list?

thanks

mfanucs
2006-02-21, 02:54 PM
My "work around" (in inverted commas because it doesn't always work!) is to select all instances of the pinned objects, Cut to clipboard and then paste aligned in the Same Place.
(Try not to do all the categories at once, ie do the reference planes, then the walls, etc.)

There are of course problems with doing this, dimensions and tags can get messed up, constraints can go crazy, to name a couple.

I only recommend this if the project is still in a design stage - but it was the method i used when i got back from holiday a while back and somebody who had worked on project while i was away had cautiously pinned practically everything in the model !

hope this helps!

Ciao
Marco

Steve_Stafford
2006-02-21, 06:45 PM
Select the objects, then from the menu, choose EDIT > UNPIN POSITION, or the default keyboard shortcut "UP". Clicking the PIN icon on screen only applies to the object the pin identifies.

sfaust
2006-02-21, 07:58 PM
wow, that's a good tip! Another one of those "duh" enlightenment moments for me!

Wes Macaulay
2006-02-21, 08:30 PM
Select the objects, then from the menu, choose EDIT > UNPIN POSITION, or the default keyboard shortcut "UP". Clicking the PIN icon on screen only applies to the object the pin identifies.:lol: Here I was thinking you meant hitting the 'up' arrow key... definitely a "duh" moment for me too...

aswartzell
2012-11-02, 03:10 PM
Since the more recent versions of Revit do not include the "Edit" menu referenced above, here are the keyboard shortcuts for pinning and unpinning:
UP - unpin
PN - pin (or re-pin)

antman
2012-11-02, 03:13 PM
Hey aswartzell - your spoon is too big. .-)