PDA

View Full Version : Revisions on all sheets

TheRevitGeek
2006-02-21, 11:49 PM
Ok I don't know if I missed something but I would like my revision schedule to show all revisions on all sheets regardless if there is a revision cloud on that sheet (or view on the sheet). Is there and easy way to do this?

My solution was to create a group and place that group on the sheet so as revisions get added I can just change the group and all the sheets update. Is there and easier way then this??

david.kingham
2006-02-21, 11:54 PM
Under Settings > Revisions change numbering to By Project rather than By Sheet

Wes Macaulay
2006-02-22, 12:02 AM
You're right... unless there's a rev cloud for a given revision on a sheet, the revision won't show up in the title block.

It's a bit of a hassle, and why using a group might be just fine for you right now. Keeping track of revisions on a developing set of drawings as a project progresses can be a complicated business.

TheRevitGeek
2006-02-22, 12:06 AM
David...With the setting by project that doesn't automatically add all the revisions to the sheet unless there is a cloud on the sheet. I want to see the all the revisions show up even if there is a cloud or not.

Per the helps in Revit
By project means that all revisions are numbered according to the sequence of revisions in the Revisions dialog box. For example, you create clouds in revisions 2, 3, and 4. You then add those clouds to a sheet, the numbering in tags and the revision schedule display 2, 3, and 4. You cannot modify the sequence number. By sheet means the clouds are numbered relative to the sequence of other clouds on the sheet. You add clouds created in revision 5, 6, and 7 to a sheet. The cloud created in revision 5 is numbered 1, the cloud created in revision 6 is numbered 2, and the cloud created in revision 7 is numbered 3.

Wes...That is what I thought and from Autodesk that was their response. I just wanted to know if my workaround was the only anybody else had come up with or if there were other thoughts on the matter.

david.kingham
2006-02-22, 12:33 AM
Damn I read that too fast lol....I would just add some shared parameters to the titleblock to make them appear on all sheets

TheRevitGeek
2006-02-22, 02:03 AM
David... Well I thought I worded it bad I tend to know what I mean in my head and not get it down in the discussions very well.

eldad
2006-02-22, 03:59 AM
David,

since Revit only supports numbering in revisions it's not much help to us normal people using letters...
I created a shared parameter like you suggested and I have a drawing list where I change all that relates to my sheets, at least it's in one location :)

david.kingham
2006-02-22, 03:24 PM
Where do you work at Brian? Are you part of the Denver Revit Users Group?