PDA

View Full Version : Block Library Usage

BCrouse
2006-02-22, 10:33 PM
How do you utilize your Block Library in relation to the Designs Center, Content Browser (Tool Pallete) and Network location of your files? Please explain your reasoning of your utilization of the Designs Center, Content Browser (Tool Pallete) and Network location files.

Thank you,

Brad

H-Angus
2006-02-23, 10:11 AM
We used to have hundreds of blocks each having their own individual dwg files. But we have now set up tool palettes for the blocks which can now all be saved in the on dwg file and referenced. This seems to work pretty well for us.

We did dabble in using the design centre to store/add blocks but the 1 or 2 second delay between opening the design centre and its dialogue box appearing, made alot of our users revert back to the old insert block method. I know 1 or 2 seconds isn't much but I got quite a few complaints about it.

Would certainly be interested in hearing what other people do.

johan d
2006-02-23, 10:43 AM
We have setup toolpalettes, and everyone here seems to like them.
the dwg files are stored on the network

robert.1.hall72202
2006-02-23, 01:29 PM
We have setup toolpalettes, and everyone here seems to like them.
the dwg files are stored on the network

Ditto..........I think that is the best way.
I have let my users add blocks when necessary.
One of these days I am going to have to revoke the priveleges.
I often see blocks appear and disappear.

BCrouse
2006-02-23, 03:17 PM
I have a question for all the ones that use the combination of the 3 listed above. How do you ensure that each of these areas of the Tool Palettes, Design Center and the Network are on the same page. Would it be easier to have your Techs accessing your Block Library from one location?

thank you,

Brad

Opie
2006-02-23, 05:30 PM
I have a question for all the ones that use the combination of the 3 listed above. How do you ensure that each of these areas of the Tool Palettes, Design Center and the Network are on the same page. Would it be easier to have your Techs accessing your Block Library from one location?

thank you,

Brad
Yes, the one location for a block library would ensure everyone is accessing the same information.

thomas.stright
2006-02-23, 05:51 PM
We us Design Center for what little blocks we do use.

Opie
2006-02-23, 05:58 PM
Everyone here is still stuck in the r14 mentality. Some do not even use blocks. They will insert another project into the current drawing and copy the entities they want to use for the new project. :banghead:

Maybe, the next release I can get some new procedures developed for them.

Birdy
2006-02-23, 09:11 PM
You're gettin good with these polls, Brad! :)

Legacy thing here. Block library on the network. I never liked design center. Just always felt it was easier to browse a window. (some old habits die hard, I guess)

We're on '04, so tool palettes arent to impressive in that release. However, we JUST got on subscription, so TP will be used much more heavily. (did I just say that!) :shock:

Combined with dynamic blocks, I think it'll be a positive step forward.
Just gotta figger out that CUI thingy first, then we'll roll 'er out.