PDA

View Full Version : roof slope arrows and hips

gnl
2003-05-29, 11:57 AM
Hello everyone!
I'm new to this forum and I really like it a lot!
here's my prob:
I am trying to create a hip in a gable roof, more generally I am trying to understand how to create gable roofs with different eave heights.
On the help file, I found an example on how to use the slope arrows: if I try to create a dormer with them (the second example), everything works fine, but when I try creating the hip (the first example) it doesn't work at all: the slope arrow doesn't have any effect at all on my roof...

... and if i try it on more complex roof shapes, same result...

does anyone please have any experience or suggestions on this?

gnl
----
Revit's in italy too :)

PeterJ
2003-05-29, 12:48 PM
If I understand your question correctly you wish to construct a bonnet roof - as I would call it - whereby you have a gable that runs up and then the apex is cut off so that there is short hipped section. Without wanting to model it if you look down on your roof plan you would see a ridge and then two hips that form small triangles that go to somewhere short of the corners of a triangular roof. Have I got it about right?

This is easily achieved by starting with a rectangular roofwith only two sides defined as pitched and then splitting the remaining two into three sections each of which only the centre section is defined as a pitch.
You'll probably also need to break the alignment of these split pieces.

Damn, ewasier if I just model it for you.....