PDA

View Full Version : Unremovable walls - "A serious error ......." Haiku?

David J Krope
2006-02-24, 02:21 AM
I have a church project that we completed in 2002 using Revit. The client lost funding and the project was shelved. This month the client has resurrected the project with major modifications.

I will need to remove and replace some exterior walls. When I go to erase or modify some of the exterior walls I receive the "A serious error has occurred. ....." And Revit will not let me remove or modify the wall. Continue without save (Haiku later)

I go to "Create Support Report" and I am told I have an invalid product serial number.

I go to my product and license information and I see that my serial number is missing from my standalone-Locked License Type. I attempt to reinstall my serial number and the software will not let me.

Whatsup...

Serious Error
Try Create Support Report
Must I redraw all?

blads
2006-02-24, 02:37 AM
I'd send the "offending" file along with all information to revit support

David J Krope
2006-02-24, 02:40 AM
Yes, I would like to but how? The Create Support Request will not let me. Is there an email address I can use. Sorry I have not been able to find it.

blads
2006-02-24, 03:00 AM
Yes, I would like to but how? The Create Support Request will not let me. Is there an email address I can use. Sorry I have not been able to find it.This is the one I use... revitsupport@autodesk.com (%20revitsupport@autodesk.com)

HTH

David J Krope
2006-02-24, 03:02 AM
Thanks, duh........ head slap

blads
2006-02-24, 03:14 AM
Thanks, duh........ head slapno problems ... sometimes we all have blonde moments... hope it all works out

David J Krope
2006-02-24, 03:22 AM
In a valiant attempt to save a little face here ....

Ahummm, so the Create Support request under Help is not the only way that we have to contact support. I see .... well .... ah yes .... now I know!

Walk quickly out of room.

Thanks again.

Mr Spot
2006-02-24, 04:47 AM
I typically file support requests by logging directly into the subscription centre....

blads
2006-02-24, 04:50 AM
I typically file support requests by logging directly into the subscription centre....
Hmmm... another novel approach... I've never thought to use that method
thanks Mr Spot

Scott D Davis
2006-02-24, 06:24 AM
Autodesk Subscription Center (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=613372)

Click Log in to Subscription Center in the right hand menu

Elmo
2006-02-24, 08:51 AM
I go to my product and license information and I see that my serial number is missing from my standalone-Locked License Type. I attempt to reinstall my serial number and the software will not let me.

Must I redraw all?
As for this issue you will need to re-install your package and get it reauthirised unless it is only doing this when you open this file.

David J Krope
2006-02-24, 11:22 AM
Revit Support @
Message exceeds max fixed size
In crapper again

Support .....where are you?
Purple bleeds from my laptop
I twist in the wind.

Elmo
2006-02-24, 11:49 AM
Ok if the file is too big what you can then do is place the file on this website and e-mail them the link. They will then be able to download the file from the internet.

http://www.yousendit.com/

BWG
2006-02-24, 02:15 PM
Revit Support @
Message exceeds max fixed size
In crapper again

Support .....where are you?
Purple bleeds from my laptop
I twist in the wind.

Don't try to attach a file and tell them it is too large. They can then set you up with a Buzzaw upload site for support requests.

Scott D Davis
2006-02-24, 04:23 PM
If you use the Support link below, once you create your request, you can upload files to it.