PDA

View Full Version : Composite Slab edge deck setback

jrichardson
2006-02-24, 02:45 AM
Currently when modeling a composite slab the deck runs the full extent of the slab. Normally at an exterior slab edge or opening you would see a pour stop or bent plate extending from the steel beam to the slab edge. The deck would stop roughly at the center line of the beam and not necessarily extend out with the concrete slab.

I would like to be able to specify a setback distance for the deck at each slab edge similar to the sloping option that you get for roofs and slabs. Each jog of the perimeter may have a different slab edge dimension so you would want to control each edge individually. This would eliminate excessive masking/cover up of the deck with 2d drafting tools.

Being able to unlock the deck layer similar to the walls is an option also but would be more difficult to maintain through out the model. You would probable only drag the deck back as required when shown in a view.

I prefer the first option since you could easily maintain your deck setback and the model would be more accurately drawn.

P.S. Don't forget Precast hollow core plank profiles for the slab tool.

Paul Andersen
2006-02-24, 03:01 PM
This would be a very nice feature and time saver. A secondary sketch line for the extents of the metal deck might be another way to go.

jrichardson
2006-03-03, 02:36 AM
I also like Paul's idea of the secondary sketch line for the deck. Kinda like top and bottom sketch lines in a blend. I think that it would be more robust with this feature. A lot of times your slab edge might step in and out along a beam line where as the deck would stay constant at that beam line.

However, I suppose the way I originally suggested in my first post, you could split the sketch line to specify a different setback distance.

Thomas Maleski
2008-01-11, 06:35 PM
This wishlist item has been granted

Select the slab edge and then on the option toolbar modify your Cantilevers dimensions