PDA

View Full Version : line thickness for wall structures?

aliya14
2006-02-24, 09:51 AM
Hi All,
1) I had a small query regarding wall line thickness. i have done a wall with diff layers now what i want is i want the main structure line in plan to be thick, i tried using the cut line styles thro' visibility and graphics changing the line thickness.but it does not show it in the fine detail and in course detail i don't get to see these layers.
what can be done to see diff line thickness fo rthe wall layers. mainly in the fine detail option wherein i can see all the layers of the walls.
2) My next query is when we insert a door or a window can we assign a fixed distance from the sides of the wall eg. i want my door to be placed with a 6" distance from the left side of the wall.

Kind Regards,
Aliya.

muttlieb
2006-02-24, 03:45 PM
For 1), go to Visibility Graphics > Override Host Layers and check the Cut Lines Styles box and then you can edit the line weight, color and pattern for the wall layers.

davidcobi
2006-02-24, 05:50 PM
Hi All,
2) My next query is when we insert a door or a window can we assign a fixed distance from the sides of the wall eg. i want my door to be placed with a 6" distance from the left side of the wall.

Kind Regards,
Aliya.

When you select a door or window temporary dimensions pop up. You can adjust those temporary dimensions from jamb of door to finish of the adjacent wall.

aliya14
2006-03-03, 07:57 AM
When you select a door or window temporary dimensions pop up. You can adjust those temporary dimensions from jamb of door to finish of the adjacent wall.

Thanx
But what I want is to fix this dist so that everytime i don't have to manually change it thro' temp dimensions.
Regards,
Aliya

PeterJ
2006-03-03, 09:18 AM
Is this a requirement driven by MIP provisions so wheelchar users or those with limited mobility can approach the door and open it comfortably? If you open the relevant door family and set a reference plane 150 outside the door structural opening and then alter it's properties to make it a reference you should be able to move the door so that it will sort of snap to the adjoining partition.

aliya14
2006-03-06, 09:49 AM
Thanx
but could u be a ittle more specific how this can be done in the door family
Regards,
Aliya