PDA

View Full Version : Model object on View Workset (was Unsolvable Workset Issue)

CAD Monkey
2006-02-24, 06:44 PM
Three of my walls and on of my families somehow got onto a "view" workset. Even if I make all the "view" worksets editable, i cannot move them to a user created workset. Ideas?

mmc
2006-02-24, 07:04 PM
select the walls and family, right click, select 'make elements editable', select properties and change workset...

CAD Monkey
2006-02-24, 07:29 PM
Tried that, the walls still refuse to change worksets, even after i right clicked and made editable, the drop down box in the properties dialog offers only one option, the same view set and it is greyed out

david_spehar
2006-02-24, 07:43 PM
Try this:

Make sure the workset that you want them on is your active workset. Select all of the elements and cut them out of your model. Take a deep breath. Then use the "paste aligned - same place" command. With a little luck they'll come back into your model and be on the active workset. Whenever I get an element that doesn't want to behave correctly I try this. It doesn't always work but It's an easy thing to try before rebuilding stuff. Good luck.

Wes Macaulay
2006-02-24, 08:47 PM
You got it, David. We've seen this happen two or three times. Cut and paste same place with the desired workset active, and it's fixed, without fail in all the times I've encountered it.