PDA

View Full Version : Material Error Message

raddis
2006-02-24, 08:30 PM
Ok,
So now I'm playing with Groups.
As we have a variety of height and fire rating condtitions within different wall "types", and I can't create these as loadable families, I've started a Granary Walls.RVT file and have begun creating all of my wall types in there.

To get the Types quickly into a drawing, I'm creating Groups of all walls within one type then saving it to an RVG file.

When I load the Group, I get an error message about the Finishes-Interior-Gypsum Wall Board, to the effect that it is different in the Group file so the one in the current project wins. But it isn't different. The Material is the same in my Granary Template.RTE file as in my Granary Walls.RVT file (that was created from the Granary Template file).

So, why would I be getting this message?

aaronrumple
2006-02-24, 11:10 PM
Not that they are different. Just that each has one of the same name. The one in the project will be used. No big deal. (Al long as your project is right...)

christopher.zoog51272
2006-02-25, 01:08 AM
Be advised that "transfer project standards" will copy in all wall types without the need for groups.

raddis
2006-02-27, 01:59 PM
Thanks.
Yah, I don't want to transfer all walls, as we have dozens of types (hmmm...let's not go there) and I may not need them all at once (shaft walls, furring walls, masonry walls, different hourly rated walls, etc.).

Thanks for the info. Aaron, I assume there is no way to turn off this message?