PDA

View Full Version : Key Plan / Unit Plan

Mactn113
2006-02-24, 09:14 PM
Posted Friday Feb 24th, 2006 - 1:59 PM

I am still in the early stages of learning but I cannot find an answer to one of my biggest questions.

How to break up a building with Revit into Units?

My wish list item would be a key plan with a dynamic way to break it up. Change the key plan unit break lines and the units (and corresponding views) would adjust.

Since I don’t seem to have that option, does anyone have any thoughts on the best way to break apart a large building to place it on sheets? –or am I thinking too much like AutoCAD still. Is there a better way?

Any thoughts on this matter are greatly appreciated.

*note- threead also posted on Revit City.com*

Scott D Davis
2006-02-24, 09:31 PM
Start with the "master" overall plan. Duplicate that floor plan view, use the crop region to show a part of the building. Duplicate the Master view again, use the crop region to show the other half. Place halves on separate sheets.

Use the Master view for modeling, use the cropped views for annotations.

wildcat_714
2006-02-24, 09:39 PM
And for break lines if you dont want to use model lines you can use a customized grid and the scope box tool.
p-

dbaldacchino
2006-02-25, 06:05 AM
Read this post (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=29925)for some other ways to tackle the problem of splitting buildings on sheets. As yet another method of using crop regions (I'm using this on my current project), I'm setting my view range in my views to look under the building (set cut plane, top and bottom clip planes and view depth to "look" below level 1 by using negative offsets) and then I use the crop region tool to outline the area I want to see on my sheet and set the view range to what my plan view would be for level 1 or level 2 etc. This way, I can get around the limitations of the rectangular crop region.

BomberAIA
2006-02-25, 02:33 PM
Also, after you crop the duplicate, change the scale to 1/4" and rename the view to which ever unit plan you duplicated.