PDA

View Full Version : Wall levels

gregcashen
2004-04-22, 05:52 PM
I am looking for advice/assistance on this. I am trying to use out of the box Revit for this as much as possible. I basically want to be able to create wall, floor, roof and ceiling schedules from which I can generate load tables for use in determining the lateral loads on my building. Unfortunately, there is no level data associated with walls, so I can't come up with a working wall load table. Any ideas? I basically need to be able to see which walls are tributary to a level and then take half the height of the level below and half the height of the level above and get a total height. multiply that by the length of the wall and get an area. multiply that by the unit weight of the wall to give total trib wall load to that level.

There are a lot of things that could be done for MEPS if only we were allowed to determine which of the columns/tables in the Revit db I was able to display in schedules and even in the ODBC output. These are really simple limitations that are holding back a lot of very useful capabilities within Revit.

sbrown
2004-04-22, 06:22 PM
This is a request I've made before and you might want to make, that all objects know what level they are on and that data is "useable" as a shared parameter.

gregcashen
2004-04-22, 06:38 PM
I have made it multiple times now, either here or directly to David, Nicolas, Matt... I hope there is something in the works. It's actually not just levels, but even in the odbc output, coordinate data is not exported. So I cannot do a lateral analysis on a building because I don't know which diaphragms (floors) touch which shearwalls (walls). If there was level data and relative location data exported, it would be pretty straightforward to, within excel, look along a building line or grid line and see which diaphragms are supported by which walls. There are a million other uses for this data too.