PDA

View Full Version : How come CadCamp is on Tuesdays & Thursdays?

Jordan Truesdell
2006-03-01, 02:53 PM
I'd really like to go to one of these, but they all seem to be mid-week? How come they don't offer them on Mondays or Fridays? It seems like its harder to get away mid-week, and I end up losing more than the single day in the office (since I'm not really local to any camps). Or is that the idea (get the cad guys out of the office for a little extra time on the companies dime)? I suspect it may be that its hard to get the instructors/setup crews to work on one weekend day, but...

Sorry, just had to vent a bit, and maybe put in my suggestion to offer a cad camp on a monday or friday.

Jill Keefer
2006-03-01, 10:35 PM
Hello Jordan, thank you for your inquiry. After numerous surveys and evaluations last year for AUGI CAD Camps, the majority of attendees said they prefer Tuesdays and Thursdays because Mondays and Fridays were difficult days to get away from the office.

Thanks!

Jill Keefer
2006-03-01, 10:36 PM
P.S. Your suggestion is noted, thanks!

Brian Myers
2006-03-01, 11:00 PM
I've found this to be the case with User Group meetings as well, it's easier for people to get out during the middle of the week instead of the end of the week. Mondays are usually way too busy and Fridays people are either wrapping stuff up or planning for the week-end.

Jordan Truesdell
2006-03-01, 11:04 PM
:-) Pretty funny - they're the most inconvenient times for me to have to travel. Oh, well, that's why you guys do survey's right?

Just my luck, I'll be in LA on M14-16th, and was going to be in Baltimore on M21-23. That's when I relized that they were all just a bit off from when I was going to in town. Maybe I'll figure out how to get to the Raleigh cadcamp. It's a shame there isn't bus or rail service from anywhere near me - at least I could do some work on the trip.

Hey, I don't suppose anyone from Roanoke or Blacksburg VA is planning on going to Raleigh, are they? Mmmmm, I smell road trip.

Jill Keefer
2006-03-02, 12:35 AM
I've found this to be the case with User Group meetings as well, it's easier for people to get out during the middle of the week instead of the end of the week. Mondays are usually way too busy and Fridays people are either wrapping stuff up or planning for the week-end.

Yes, this seems to be the general consensus. That is good information that I can share with LUGs starting up right now. Thanks!

bpurdie
2006-03-09, 12:04 PM
:-) Pretty funny - they're the most inconvenient times for me to have to travel. Oh, well, that's why you guys do survey's right?

Just my luck, I'll be in LA on M14-16th, and was going to be in Baltimore on M21-23. That's when I relized that they were all just a bit off from when I was going to in town. Maybe I'll figure out how to get to the Raleigh cadcamp. It's a shame there isn't bus or rail service from anywhere near me - at least I could do some work on the trip.

Hey, I don't suppose anyone from Roanoke or Blacksburg VA is planning on going to Raleigh, are they? Mmmmm, I smell road trip.
Funny you should mention that. I am in Roanoke but I think my company is going to send me to Baltimore. That is if they send me at all.