PDA

View Full Version : Schedules/Options

dsw98
2006-03-01, 06:06 PM
I've created several new options and have different windows and doors, but those new windows and doors aren't being added to the schedule. It's showing the Original Schedule, what am I doing wrong?

jshebert
2006-03-01, 06:33 PM
You aren't doing anything wrong. Revit only schedules elements that are in the primary option. The remaining options' elements will be ignored until you make one of the options the primary option.

How many times can I say 'option' in one sentence? Hope that helps.

If you are talking about area schedules in particular, there is a very easy way around this problem. Windows and doors are another story, and besides, if you are still in design options, you probably don't need a window/door schedule at that time...

Jason

aaronrumple
2006-03-01, 06:37 PM
...if you are still in design options, you probably don't need a window/door schedule at that time...

Jason
Those homebuilders are a bit different. Options are sold - so they want sheets with A B and C all ready to go to press.

In this case - just promote whatever option you want to the primary.

dsw98
2006-03-01, 06:55 PM
Okay I'll give that a try. But it's just Doors and window we schedule. I'd go crazy if I had to schedule walls and rooms and ect. Thanks for the help.

LRaiz
2006-03-01, 07:13 PM
Revit schedules do work in concert with design option but one needs to understand how to get what you need. Schedules are non-graphical views and behave in a way similar to graphical views. If project has design options then schedule proprieties dialog would contain Visibility parameter and an Edit... button. Pressing the button leads to the usual Visibility/Graphics dialog but in case of schedules it has only one tab - Design Options. Using this dialog user can indicate which option should be scheduled or leave option selection as <automatic> to pick up the primary option. Elements of the main model are also included in the schedule.

In summary:
1. Schedules without additional user actions list elements from main model and primary option. (automatic).
2. To get a schedule for a secondary option so you can place it on a sheet duplicate automatic schedule and change its visibility to show a specific option. You don't have to promote an option just to see a schedule.