PDA

View Full Version : Change blocks source file location.

binh
2006-03-02, 05:26 PM
Hi all,
At the beginning, I made a new palette for my dynamic block in a drawing. All blocks source file were from that drawing. Now I want all those source file (blocks) from new location (folder). Do I have to recreate a new palette?
Any advise?

Chris.N
2006-03-02, 05:37 PM
depending on the quantity of blocks in the palette, you could copy/paste the path into the 'Source File' entry in the TP button's properties box. that way you will only have one thing to update instead of a possible greater number of re-mods for starting over with each button.

r424andy
2006-03-02, 06:33 PM
In design center you can also browse to the folder and create a tool palette directly from the root folder (right click on the folder...create new palette)

or if they are from the same file and you have some additional changes to the insertion properties.......ctrl L-click first item...shift L-click last item...right click... properties..browse for new souce file

binh
2006-03-02, 06:41 PM
It works! Thank you Chris.
Great appreciate.

Chris.N
2006-03-03, 12:29 AM
In design center you can also browse to the folder and create a tool palette directly from the root folder (right click on the folder...create new palette)

or if they are from the same file and you have some additional changes to the insertion properties.......ctrl L-click first item...shift L-click last item...right click... properties..browse for new souce filethat works great if starting a fresh palette, but for existing (and, if not too much trouble) changing the pathing of the tool's source location will eliminate having to re-program all/ any properties already set in the buttons.

Chris.N
2006-03-03, 12:29 AM
It works! Thank you Chris.
Great appreciate.not a problem. glad it worked!http://forums.augi.com/images/icons/icon14.gif