PDA

View Full Version : Removing bad objects to remove weird blank regions in views

Wes Macaulay
2004-04-24, 11:40 PM
In a file one of my clients was working on, small areas of the view were missing -- they were blank -- and we noted that in some views the blanked areas were clearly visible, and others didn't appear til we looked at a plot preview.

On a hunch, I suggested we turn some object categories off. Eventually we found out that having the railing categories on was causing these blank areas to appear. We discovered that a particular railing was causing the problem. We erased and redrew it -- problem solved.

I expect that the railing object was in some way corrupted, but since I don't really understand the inner workings of Revit's single file database I can't offer any clues as to what this is all about.

Over the past three years of using Revit I've probably seen a half-dozen files where something like this came up... and it's been 'fixable' every time.

Here's one for wiki!

Edit: Greg - just saw your post with the same problem!

gregcashen
2004-04-26, 02:30 AM
I'll try turning that off first thing tomorrow...thanks!

Simon.Whitbread
2004-04-26, 08:08 PM
Had that problem, even sent my file to AutoDesk via reseller with no fix, I'll try that and let you know

Simon.Whitbread
2004-04-27, 09:09 PM
Great! Nice one Wes.
Found the offending object. Removed and purged, reloaded and its fine. Just something I never thought of doing. This particular one was a furniture item.