PDA

View Full Version : Stair railing hosting...

iru69
2006-03-03, 05:30 AM
I have a staircase that goes up a couple of steps, stops at a landing that needs to be at a specific height, and then the landing goes up a couple of winders before continuing up in a straight run. The first couple of steps up to the landing have slightly different riser heights than the rest of the stair.

Making the stair one entity doesn't work very well for at least a couple of reasons - I can't have different riser heights within the same stair and the stringers don't know how to deal with the winders and landing in between runs.

I don't think it's a big deal to create the stair as they would construct it - in several pieces. However, I want a continuous railing on the inside of the stair from top to bottom. It would be nice if I could select several elements (run, landing, winders, run) to host my railing - but that feature apparently doesn't exist.

Is the only option to painstakingly construct several separate railings to look like one continuous railing?

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-03-03, 06:21 AM
Hi

It seems like the only way to this is by doing it as several separate.

aliya14
2006-03-03, 07:15 AM
I have a staircase that goes up a couple of steps, stops at a landing that needs to be at a specific height, and then the landing goes up a couple of winders before continuing up in a straight run. The first couple of steps up to the landing have slightly different riser heights than the rest of the stair.

Making the stair one entity doesn't work very well for at least a couple of reasons - I can't have different riser heights within the same stair and the stringers don't know how to deal with the winders and landing in between runs.

I don't think it's a big deal to create the stair as they would construct it - in several pieces. However, I want a continuous railing on the inside of the stair from top to bottom. It would be nice if I could select several elements (run, landing, winders, run) to host my railing - but that feature apparently doesn't exist.

Is the only option to painstakingly construct several separate railings to look like one continuous railing?

Hi,
Why don't you use the railing which comes along the stair and then split them up at different edges where u want them at different heights andthem just adjust the height option which appears forthe railing on the options bar.
Regards,
Aliya