PDA

View Full Version : Dimensioning of Plans

pwmsmith
2004-04-25, 02:07 PM
I am using the residential templete in 6.1.
I need to show or copy dimensions from my floor plan to the foundation/footing plan to indicate reinforced masonry cells at each side of all wall openings. At the floor plan level I can dimension with the Entire Walls option however at the foundation level I must use Individual References for all of the same openings. Is there anyway of making this task qicker or easier?

aggockel50321
2004-04-25, 09:20 PM
Have you tried going to the properties dialog for the foundation plan view, and selecting the first floor as an underlay?

That'll show the openings.

pwmsmith
2004-04-25, 11:07 PM
Doesn,t seem to work for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Nevine
2004-04-26, 01:02 AM
did you try to select all, filter the dimensions and copy and paste to same place in the foundation level.

pwmsmith
2004-04-26, 01:29 PM
If I use entire wall dim the dimension string drops all of the openings and only gives the overall dim of walls. However if I dimthe openings with indiv ref and copy to foundation it works.

Thanks.

aggockel50321
2004-04-26, 02:25 PM
Doesn,t seem to work for me. Am I doing something wrong?

If the openings show in your first floor view, they should show when the first floor is used as an underlay of the foundation view. Just the geometry will show. Any dimensions, text or linework on the first floor view won't show.

You might try changing to a wireframe view for the foundation. That might make the underlay stand out better.

pwmsmith
2004-04-26, 08:46 PM
It's the automatic dim's that won't copy over. Bummer! Maybe add to wish list :D