PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help with basic Revit use

elow_77
2006-03-04, 09:01 AM
Hi, I'm new to Revit, so please don't flame me. I've searched the forums but I'm still not sure exactly where to put my questions, so I'll start here.

Q1 I am using the Base Cabinet - Corner Unit Angled piece from the Imperial\Casework\Domestic Kitchen directory. This piece does not have a countertop. The counter top that comes with revit is rectangular and does not fit this angled unit. What do I have to do to put a countertop on this?

Q2 I'm using the "Specialty Equipent : Cook Top 4" component with the 24" Countertop. Do I place the Cooktop 4" on top of a countertop component? Another alternative would be toput the countertop on top of the base cabinets, stop when I get to the stove area, insert a cook top unit, and then continue on with more countertop. What is the community's suggestion?
(see attached screenshots)
Thanks

Henry D
2006-03-04, 12:21 PM
Hello and welcome,

First, you will never get flamed on this site for asking anything about Revit, this site has only nice, helpful people (the only time I ever got some people's dander up was before the election when I expressed my displeasure at the government's policies and I still think I was right :lol: )

-I am also typically not able to use the standard counter top families. What I do is create an in place counter top family. I extrude a 1 1/2" counter top which follows my cabinet layout (you can go to the Help menu to see how to make in place families).

-For fixture and appliance holes, I just sketch out a hole when I am making my in place counter top family.