PDA

View Full Version : Color change for reveals

dpasa
2006-03-05, 03:05 PM
When we make a rectangular reveal on a wall the three sides of the rectangular (the fourth is the opening) are colored like the outer layer of the wall. What if for example I want to make a red reveal on a white wall? I mean the three sides of the reveal to be coloured automatically. Is this possible and if not, what's the quickest way?

athanasiosmavrides
2006-03-05, 06:37 PM
Dimitris, in an earlier thread they told me
( http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=24471&highlight=wall+reveal)
that using the tab key you can swift between the edges of the reveal (óêïôéá). I don't know if you can make it as an array (paint one and then array it horizontally or vertically).
By the way, I saw Your advertisement on the ÔÅÅ magazine. Quite excellent projects.

dpasa
2006-03-05, 09:21 PM
To athanasiosmavrides : Thank you very much!

Well, I know a "fast" way of using the paint tool (the one with the bucket) to apply a color or material to a specific face of a wall. I tried to use a material to the profile that makes the void but this doesn't work (I almost knew it wouldn't...)
I was hoping for an automated way... Maybe a wishlist item? I have a client who paints the inside of the reveal a different colour and you can imagine the delay when I have to go all around the house correcting this!

Thanks again for your answer.

athanasiosmavrides
2006-03-05, 11:56 PM
Does anyone know how can we rotate a wall reveal or a wall sweep (other than horizontal or vertical orientations)?

dbaldacchino
2006-03-06, 12:43 AM
Never tried that, but I know of another way you could achieve that. You could use a curtainwall and make the grid sloped at the angle you want. Then use a mullion with an offset and set the material to whatever the reveal or wall material is. Also make the panels as walls.

aliya14
2006-03-06, 09:20 AM
You can make that particular wall area thro' mass command and just choose the faces to be converted in two different types of wall of different colours.
Regards,
Aliya

dpasa
2006-03-06, 01:16 PM
To athanasiosmavrides : I sent you an e-mail with a wall example but it came back with errors. Well, I will use this post so here it is...
I select the side of the wall as my workplane and then I make a generic model (void) using a rectangular profile or what I like to do, and I make a void sweep. Then I use cut geometry to make the reveal on the wall and then push "Finish family" and here it is.