PDA

View Full Version : Text type on or off

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-03-06, 05:07 AM
Hi Reviteers

Is it possible to turn of just one text style type?

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-03-06, 06:27 AM
Hi Mark,

Not unless you have given the text specific type parameters as a tag.
In visibility graphx there is only 1 applicable category for text notes under annotation categories.
Another way you might be able to do it is to duplicate the view, select all instances of the type of text and delete them.

cek
2007-11-02, 09:17 PM
Although this is an ancient thread I thought I would offer a possible solution to this request as I am implementing templates with specific instructions on each sheet that I want the staff to have the ability to turn off an on.

I created a text type denoted as "INSTRUCTIONS" and assigned it a color not being used by the other text and line types in the project.

To toggle the text's visibilty, select one of the text boxes containing the "INSTRUCTIONS" text type. Type in 'SA' for select all and then right click, 'hidden in view > elements".

I group this text in the template so it's easier to select and hide. Consequently you avoid the SA operation.

As a quality control measure if you provide an alternate text for "INSTRUCTIONS" called for instance "INSTRUCTIONS DONE" and color it different, say green when the task is complete you can toggle the text to the 'DONE' status and subsequent reviewers can quickly review the status of each denoted item.