PDA

View Full Version : Cone Roof

erich.84651
2006-03-07, 12:13 AM
I drew a cone shaped roof but visually on the model, and all the drawings it shows as a "square." Is there a way, or does anyone know how to control the smoothness of that type of roof. If I wanted a square roof, I would have drawn one.

I know in ACAD the smoothness of an arc or circle can be controlled with display resolution under options. I cannot find anything like that here.

Thanks.
Eric

davidcobi
2006-03-07, 12:54 AM
Edit the roof...
Select the sketch and goto its properties...
Change Number of Full Segments from 4 to 0...

sjsl
2006-03-07, 02:16 AM
or use massing tools and the primitive cone shape and apply roof

erich.84651
2006-03-07, 03:56 PM
Thanks David, that was exactly what I was looking for.

SJSL - I tried the cone massing thing last night and I'm not sure I understand how to manipulate it in the manner you are referring.

Thank you both for your input.

e

Merlin
2006-03-07, 11:07 PM
Thanks David, that was exactly what I was looking for.

SJSL - I tried the cone massing thing last night and I'm not sure I understand how to manipulate it in the manner you are referring.

Thank you both for your input.

e

Even though there is a variety of ways to create "unusual" roof types, certainly the Mass method is very effective. I recommend the F1 help/tutorials on the matter. But to sum it up .....
1.On the Design Bar, go to the Massing menu and create a mass in the shape you're
after.
2. Select roof by face. look to your Options bar at the top and change things like "offset"
to suit
3. Select the type of roof you want to apply (though this can be done whenever).
4. Pick the surfaces and select "Create Roof" on the Options Bar.
5. Sip coffee and admire the ease!

HTH
John Mc