PDA

View Full Version : Scale lost from bar along the bottom

ronald.leonard
2006-03-07, 03:49 PM
Some how the bar on the bottom right of the screen not the status bar menu its the one above your command line that u can change your scale with. It got deleted how do i get it back.

Wanderer
2006-03-07, 03:57 PM
Some how the bar on the bottom right of the screen not the status bar menu its the one above your command line that u can change your scale with. It got deleted how do i get it back.what product and version are you using? so I can move this post to the most appropriate place to get you an answer? :)

ronald.leonard
2006-03-07, 03:59 PM
Auto CAD 2006

Wanderer
2006-03-07, 04:01 PM
Auto CAD 2006Alright, I'm going to move this post from the New Users forum (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)to this one...
Below snippet is taken from the small print found on the Forum General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44) page...
<snip>
New to the Forums? This is the place to experiment with the posting editor and learn how to interact with our forums. Please experiment here with forum features and commands.
</snip>

ronald.leonard
2006-03-07, 04:08 PM
Nevermind I figured it out thanks anyway.

Wanderer
2006-03-07, 04:37 PM
Nevermind I figured it out thanks anyway.That's cool. Would you mind posting back your solution? Drug offscreen? Turned if off?

Brian Myers
2006-03-07, 07:37 PM
According to his description the Status Bar was still there, it was essentially the "Scale" that got shut off. It's an easy fix:

On that bar there is a down arrow (triangle) on the right side. Click it.

It will provide you with a menu of information that can be displayed on the Status Bar. One of those items is the drawing scale. Simply click that and the Scale we appear again on the bar.

It's a simple solution to a problem I know I had a couple weeks into using the program, I'm surprised it isn't asked more. :beer:

Opie
2006-03-07, 07:47 PM
According to his description the Status Bar was still there, it was essentially the "Scale" that got shut off. It's an easy fix:

On that bar there is a down arrow (triangle) on the right side. Click it.

It will provide you with a menu of information that can be displayed on the Status Bar. One of those items is the drawing scale. Simply click that and the Scale we appear again on the bar.

It's a simple solution to a problem I know I had a couple weeks into using the program, I'm surprised it isn't asked more. :beer:
Are we talking about the VIEWPORT toolbar or the status bar? I'm confused as vanilla AutoCAD does not display the scale along the status bar. :confused:

Brian Myers
2006-03-08, 05:33 AM
Are we talking about the VIEWPORT toolbar or the status bar? I'm confused as vanilla AutoCAD does not display the scale along the status bar. :confused:

It's actually on the Status Bar... so that's an ADT feature? It's amazing to see the little differences between desktops....

Wanderer
2006-03-08, 01:26 PM
It's actually on the Status Bar... so that's an ADT feature? It's amazing to see the little differences between desktops....why don't you humour us and give us a screenshot so we can see the difference and what the OP was referencing?

Brian Myers
2006-03-08, 05:11 PM
why don't you humour us and give us a screenshot so we can see the difference and what the OP was referencing?

Sure thing!

If you expand it it simply provides different scales... 1/4"=1', etc...

Wanderer
2006-03-08, 05:54 PM
Sure thing!

If you expand it it simply provides different scales... 1/4"=1', etc...Thanks.

Hmm, that's kinda neat.

Brian Myers
2006-03-08, 07:21 PM
Thanks.

Hmm, that's kinda neat.

Yep, it's real handy! I'm almost stunned its not on other versions... I never (before this conversation) thought it was an ADT thing, I figured it was in base AutoCAD....

Wanderer
2006-03-08, 09:03 PM
Yep, it's real handy! I'm almost stunned its not on other versions... I never (before this conversation) thought it was an ADT thing, I figured it was in base AutoCAD....~nods~ just like I thought 'Select Similar' was a regular autocad thing, but, it's not, it's a MAP thing. :razz: