PDA

View Full Version : Design Options

sjsl
2006-03-07, 06:58 PM
Can you nest DO's within other DO's?

We have an addition as a DO and now want to study curtainwall options. But are lost as to how to make this work.

dhurtubise
2006-03-07, 07:10 PM
Kind of, by defining multiple option sets. You can then use any combination.

iru69
2006-03-07, 07:18 PM
As I understand it, no, you can't "nest" DOs. You can create multiple DOs to be used in combinations, but the elements of each DO must remain unique to that DO - you can't share elements between different DOs. However, you can copy and paste elements from DO to DO.

kpaxton
2006-03-07, 07:54 PM
As I understand it, no, you can't "nest" DOs. You can create multiple DOs to be used in combinations, but the elements of each DO must remain unique to that DO - you can't share elements between different DOs. However, you can copy and paste elements from DO to DO.
This is correct. Also - you might want to refer to a recent post for Desing Options, which was well commented on by the Founders.

If I understand you correctly, you made your addition as an Option - but this is something that is being added to an existing buidling? I guess, I would have used Phases for this... then used Options for things in that Phase.

-Kyle

aggockel50321
2006-03-07, 08:02 PM
We have an addition as a DO and now want to study curtainwall options. But are lost as to how to make this work.You would have to create additional options in the option set the addition resides, then copy & paste the addition into each new option, and then modify your curtain wall in each option set.

You are correct that you cannot nest design options.

hth

sjsl
2006-03-07, 09:28 PM
Thanks for all of your replies. All good ones. We will experiment with these and see how they each play out.