PDA

View Full Version : crazy columns

tect75
2006-03-07, 08:29 PM
trying to edit a column family. family eiting is not my strong suit. actually hate it but .....so i adjusted the height of the column as i needed. however when i reload the family the top capitol of the column gets seperated from the rest of the column by like 5 ft or so. i attached the original family for comments. i believe this was downloaded from revit city not sure.

Tobie
2006-03-07, 10:40 PM
just had a quick look at the family. you might have to create some reference planes to be able to lock the top components to them. create the reference planes and draw the resolve profile using them as a guide. if you lock these to the top reference plane it should work.

made a very basic column that is controlled by the floor levels. you can also make one that will be generic with a height parameter. you can also change parameters to be instance and type based.

you should have a play with families, it is great once you have it worked out. will help you with creating in place families too.

hope this helps.
cheers,

eddy.lermytte
2006-03-07, 11:36 PM
Tect 75
I played a bit with the column.
Not the most elegant way of doing things ... but anyway.
You don't have to use a Height Parameter for the column. Use the Base and Top Level offset's once your column is loaded in the project.

tect75
2006-03-08, 03:09 PM
hey guys

thanks, yea family editing is not my strong suit. i can do it a little but not with the proficiency i would like. i will keep trying as i know i will eventually get it.