PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning up imported solid geometry.

lucadesign.104000
2006-03-08, 06:17 AM
My question is regarding the building maker tools and imported geometry. Is there a way to clean up the linework that appears due to triangulation on an object that is imported? I am especially interested in the roof by face option. If i have more than one face i can select multiple faces and create one single roof object, however i still get the original break lines in the geometry. Is there a way to clean that up?

Merlin
2006-03-08, 07:26 AM
hmmm....not sure I'm understanding.....are you importing a solid object (curved by the sound of it) in a .dwg format and using that as mass for a roof-by-face selection?...then this gives you a triangulated surface?
John Mc

lucadesign.104000
2006-03-08, 05:58 PM
I have a model in viz 2006, this however applies to SketchUP also. I can export to .dwg and try to create a roof by face. I attached an image. the content is not that important, rather I'm interested if there is a way to join the faces so that they are not apparent in Revit. I attached a picture of the roof by face created form a surface triangulation. However I dont know how to make it appear cleaner, or even if it is possible.

Andre Baros
2006-03-08, 07:38 PM
It's hard to tell from your image, but it looks to me like these are inflection lines. You will always see a line where there is a change in plane.

lucadesign.104000
2006-03-08, 09:30 PM
so there is no way to get rid of the triangulation lines form imports from programs such as viz?. I know that, for example when you revolve something in Revit, or even in cad, it does not bring in or show the surface lines. I was just wondering if there was a way to hide them.