PDA

View Full Version : What are these lines

Alek Sutulov
2003-05-29, 06:40 PM
I am cutting Level 2 doors in walls that are running from Level 1-4. 2 lines, indicating threshold (or something else) are showing up and I can't get rid of them short of using line tool or extending floor through doorway. But that shouldn't be happening, right.
Underlay is "current level". View range is set to Current Level w/ 7'-6" offset, Cut Plane offset-4'-0", Bottom is Curent Level-0" offset, View Depth is Current Level-0" offset.
Any ideas? See attached image

Alek

GS Fulton
2003-05-29, 07:38 PM
How is the floor structure in that area? Is it one continuous plate? That almost looks like it's showing the wall (or floor below?) instead of being related to the door.

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-29, 07:41 PM
Doors could be actually based on a different level too...it would look like that if they are based on a level that is above the level you are viewing them from. Floors visible in the view?

GS Fulton
2003-05-29, 07:47 PM
Looking closer I don't believe it could be the floor showing. I have had some funky things happen with doors inserted into walls thicker than they were created in. Maybe check the door family and adjust the wall thickness?

Alek Sutulov
2003-05-29, 08:07 PM
How is the floor structure in that area? Is it one continuous plate? That almost looks like it's showing the wall (or floor below?) instead of being related to the door.

It's a standard wood joist floor. Lines disapear when floor is extended through opening but that's not how it should be.

Alek Sutulov
2003-05-29, 08:24 PM
Looking closer I don't believe it could be the floor showing. I have had some funky things happen with doors inserted into walls thicker than they were created in. Maybe check the door family and adjust the wall thickness?
You are right, it's floor showing. I tried turning of slab edge and pattern, but it didn't do. Only floor turned off as a category does it. But it shouldn't be that way. We need to have visible edges sometimes, like at stair top landing at U-stairs, right?

GS Fulton
2003-05-29, 10:16 PM
This is one of the many areas of Revit that sometimes makes me a little crazy. (of course, not nearly as much as layers used to) Sometimes you make things the way they are supposed to be, check it twice or several times and it still doesn't do what you expect. It's usually some little thing like what you are running into here.

PeterJ
2003-05-30, 09:28 AM
Alek

The edges show because the floor stops. That's the same logic you are looking at with a stair landing of course.

Try amending the sketch of one floor to meet the other, i.e. bring it through the opening, and then do a join geometry on them - should lose the lines.

P

Alek Sutulov
2003-05-30, 01:04 PM
Alek

The edges show because the floor stops. That's the same logic you are looking at with a stair landing of course.

Try amending the sketch of one floor to meet the other, i.e. bring it through the opening, and then do a join geometry on them - should lose the lines.

P
Yeah, but when you cut the section through the opening it shows incorect construction.

PeterJ
2003-05-30, 04:04 PM
Surely your floors do go right through door openings, so that if people drop a pencil on the eighteenth floor it doesn't rattle all the way down to third sub-basement.....

I don't see how this is wrong construction. You want the floor finishes to abut, you want the structural floor to be consistent to provide a fire break. How would that be wrong in section? What am I missing?

P

PeterJ
2003-05-30, 04:07 PM
Sorry, you said it was a timber joist floor so I assume that the wall comes up to somewhere close to the underside of the chipboard deck or whetever the subsurface of the floor is and that would be why it showed wrongly in section......

Why not do as I suggest and then just use the edit cut profile tool in the section? I imagine there are fewer sections than plans, right?

P

GS Fulton
2003-05-30, 04:21 PM
This could be a case where you might be better off drafting the proper appearance at the floor/wall/door condition using fills and detail components. Knowing when to stop modeling is something that takes a while to figure out.