PDA

View Full Version : Safeway Mandating Revit!

Scott Hopkins
2004-04-27, 08:39 PM
I just heard through my reseller that Safeway, a supermarket chain with approximately 1,820 stores across the US and Canada, will be jumping on board the Revit bandwagon. Safeway is mandating that all of its future stores be designed with Revit, and that all its contractors also use Revit. This is potentially huge news for Revit. Once the big corporate giants start seeing the value of and adopting Revit we should see Revit use vastly expand. A few years ago it would have been unheard of for any large company to request deliverables in a format other then DWG files.

Chad Smith
2004-04-27, 09:39 PM
That's very good news. All those contractors that they use will need at least one copy, so that way they can see the light and convert. :D

Wes Macaulay
2004-04-28, 07:09 AM
We've known about this for months... and the architects here who are going to be doing the work for Safeway in our area have been dragging their legs and their CAD managers saying "Revit can't do large projects", blah blah blah...

Ya whatever!

It IS good news because some of these firms are actually going to see that Revit works... once their client rams in down their throats! (Easier than me doing it)

hdjohnson
2004-04-28, 03:58 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any "news source" or actual statement from Safeway regarding the use of Revit? I would like to give this to him, since he's of the mind that Revit is only good for modeling and not for creating construction documents.

gregcashen
2004-04-28, 09:33 PM
I am not even sure if this is public knowledge yet. Everything I have heard about this has been prefaced with, "a really large retailer that I can't name." Or maybe I am thinking of the other big retailer that is implementing Revit right now?