PDA

View Full Version : Model Text??

david_peterson
2006-03-08, 10:17 PM
Where's my model text?
I was working on some marking present ions and I wanted to put a job site sign out front of my structure. I couldn't find the model text, so I tried the next best thing; applying the company logo to as a map to the material the sign was using. When I did that Revit just crashed. Tried again, crashed again. I'm sure that there's not to many people that are missing the model text in Revit structure, but Engineering firms need to create presentation drawings as well. I can understand why everything that's in RB isn't in RS, but why give me curtain window assemblies and such w/o model text. I don't know what I'd ever use the curtain window stuff for, but I know where I can use model text. Any suggestions on how to get text applied to a vertical reference plane would be helpful.
Thanks in advance

david_peterson
2006-03-09, 12:04 AM
Well I gave up trying to create it as a family inside RS and just imported the model into RB so I could create my rendering. But I think this is feature that would be nice to have in RS.

Paul Andersen
2006-03-09, 12:16 AM
Well how about that . . . didn't even know it was missing. I'm on board David. Wouldn't want to trade the curtain wall tool for it though ;) . Better post that fancy rendering in the gallery when you're done.

david_peterson
2006-03-09, 12:24 AM
I just might have to do that. I figure it's the curtain wall guys issue. We've typically always just shown the structure (ie bent plate) with a screened tab and note that says "connection by others" I love that note. I'll have to think of something else they could get rid off. I want that model text. It's too good of a tool not to have. If you never used it for renderings, you could could pin it as a piece/part number to the web of beams. Or any other vertical plane. That's all I really want is to be able to put text in a vertical plane and not have the mask on. You could do this in R14, but not in RS (as far as I know). What's up with that?