PDA

View Full Version : Respect!!!

shaunv68276
2004-04-28, 05:03 AM
I refer to the 'Put up or shut up" forum, in which I entered a statement.I sincerely apologize for my behaviour. Yes I just got worked up! I had had a **** day and was looking for someone or something to dump it on hence the out of line forum message on ADT vs Revit.
I have been an integral part in the success of both applications being implemented here in SA. I hope I have not offended anyone concerned!!

Playing the part as a reseller I should have known better than taking out my frustrations in such a free and open forum. Without the success of ADT I wouldn’t know where Revit would be today.

To the developers of ADT I also apologise! Its your work that plays an important role in the future development of Revit. Its of my opinion that ADT sales generate income for Revit development. I stand corrected though.

To Phillip Miller you were right in saying that it is what personally suits you defines your choice in the software you use.

As controversial as Aaron is I find his statements fun and enlightening, hence when given such a topic I jumped in head first (as I always do) (foot and mouth disease) before thinking of the consequences.

I do hope you all accept the apology and hope to keep the the enthusiasm of both applications going strong. I have also retracted my statement so there is no further confusion about where my loyalties lie!!

Sincerely!!

Wes Macaulay
2004-04-28, 05:50 AM
No worries, mate. You're in good company here. But I'll tell ya what: as resellers too we're mortal tired of ADT. It just gets more and more complicated, and by the time an office has set themselves up to START using ADT, a Revit client is probably half way thru their project!

And Aaron is more tired than I am because he's been working with it longer. I remember sitting in San Diego last spring and being entirely frustrated with ADT development team... while still an improvement over previous efforts, it's still a mindbender. It's partly the jargon which is hard to understand, and it's partly the workflow. Most of my clients - who I would construe as being more normal - will never "get" ADT. And yet Autodesk is spending all this money getting ADT out there. It's a waste of resources, and pretty annoying to watch.

So go, Jeffrey go - go Aaron go. Finally a solution worth making some noise about.

fuall1922
2004-04-29, 04:24 AM
Argh looks like you got a few lashin's from your onlookers laddie! :twisted: I once knew this wee froggie from the ADT Development Pool, he ushered a few words of wisdom to me, "URRRRevit, URRRevit! :lol: You're not alone lad