PDA

View Full Version : Select all polygon faces on one side only, all at once, is this possible

Cadventurer
2006-03-10, 06:34 PM
Hi
I have some math data that is a model of a bracket lets say.
I would like to select all polygon faces on one side only, all at once, is this possible.
If this is possible I would then like Max to extrude them all simultaneously, can this be done.
Thanks

A. Doner
Automotive Fixture Design

de-co1
2006-03-12, 06:51 PM
Yes, this is possible...

Sorry I don't have Max installed anywhere, so please bear with my explanation from memory.

In your right hand toolbar, go the edit tab... Select your object and under the sub-object menu, you can select from either vertex, edge, face or (in your case) polygon.

For instance, if your object is a solid, convert it to an editable mesh (left-click, and select convert to editable mesh). In the right hand menu, you will see the word editable mesh, and underneath that box, you will see a series of icons. They are little dots (vertices), line (edges), a dashed triangle (face), and a closed polygon (polygon). Choose the last one...

You will see the editable mesh name above that highlight yellow, which indicates you are in your sub-object level. In the same edit tab, look / scroll down until you see Ignore Backfaces. Tick this. If you don't do this, you are able to select any polygons behind the face you are working on...

Once you have selected your polygon / faces, then further down in the same edit tab, you Will find the option to extrude...

Hope this helps!