PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Dynamic Blocks

esdeyo
2006-03-10, 10:31 PM
I wanted to share my latest conquest with eveyone. I created a steel base for a building using dblocks & extracted the data from the dynamic blocks to fill out a bill of materials. I attached the drawing here if anyone wants to see it.

Chris.N
2006-03-12, 12:48 AM
I wanted to share my latest conquest with eveyone. I created a steel base for a building using dblocks & extracted the data from the dynamic blocks to fill out a bill of materials. I attached the drawing here if anyone wants to see it.8)stuff!! i'm going to show our engineer and department heads this stuff... i also like the details blocks.... you don't have a life like the rest of us, do you? ;)

cadkiller
2006-03-12, 05:34 PM
Very nice.
How did you setup the dynamic blocks to be able to extract what you wanted?
How did you extract the information to display in the table?
Did you use fields and associate them to the dynamic block's data?
Can you give more information, like step by step instructions?
It would be greatly appreciated.

esdeyo
2006-03-13, 02:10 PM
Very nice.
How did you setup the dynamic blocks to be able to extract what you wanted?
How did you extract the information to display in the table?
Did you use fields and associate them to the dynamic block's data?
Can you give more information, like step by step instructions?
It would be greatly appreciated.

It's fairly easy, When creating a block I renamed the parameters to fit my table headers. The length parameter is just a distance one renamed. The Steel description header is just the visibility state renamed & P/M is an attribute. The notes header is a Lookup table renamed to notes. Using the attribute extraction wizard I selected what blocks I wanted to extract the attributes & selected what attributes to extract. Parameters can be extracted here. Then just follow the rest of the wizard & it will create the table. The really cool thing about the table is if you change one of the parameters of the block It will let you know that you need to update the table. Play around with it & see what it can do for you.

esdeyo
2006-03-13, 02:12 PM
8)stuff!! i'm going to show our engineer and department heads this stuff... i also like the details blocks.... you don't have a life like the rest of us, do you? ;)
Actually a lot of free time at work lately. I wish I had time to have no life.

Chris.N
2006-03-13, 02:17 PM
Actually a lot of free time at work lately. I wish I had time to have no life.ahhh, i was there last fall thru early winter.... no fun coasting at work, is it... and thanks again for the tutorial on how you did that drawing!!!