PDA

View Full Version : Aecc points from civil...How do I make them query-able in autodesk map?

rawuser.72284
2006-03-12, 10:11 PM
I typically use land desktop and have a point file of 1000 plus trees...I want to use map to write queries so that I can display attributes from table by an arborist, or their spatial relationship to proposed roads for mitigation purposes..I'm stumbling here getting started... I can't get any attribute blocks (blocks with attributes)for the points. AutoCAD points used to be blocks with attributes.

MHultgren
2006-03-13, 02:35 PM
The new AEC(C)_points are actually Objects now. If you want to be able to extract the data, ask your Surveyor or Arborist for an ASCII file of the points. When you get Map3D 2007, you will be able to create a query for the AECC Objects and pull the data from the drawings, but '05 and '06 do not have that functionality :cry:
Since you have LDT, you can actually insert the points using AutoCAD Point Blocks instead of the AECC_Point Objects. Check you Point Settings to make the switch and then Remove the points from the drawing and insert them using your New Settings.