PDA

View Full Version : Useful Civil Design Extensions

sinc
2006-03-13, 05:02 AM
Here's a pack of Lisp routines that provide a number of extensions that should be default parts of Land Desktop and the Civil Design Companion. I was going to submit it to the AUGI Exchange, but that seems to be defunct or deprecated or something, so I'll just include the package here (it's only 500KB).

A synopsis of the features included:
Commands to datum-adjust existing Cogo points based on an existing surface, existing alignment and FG profile, straight-graded between selected points, or using a FG profile and constantly-changing cross-slope (superelevation).
A command to create evenly-spaced, graded offset points from 2D linework using spot elevations.
Improved version of the DISTANCE command that displays information that is more useful for civil engineers and surveyors.
A command to create horizontal lines at even intervals along an alignment.
A command that displays the current scale of a viewport and then lets you change it, with scale displayed in decimal form.

Commands contain integrated help functionality. I also threw in BMPs for some of the routines in case you want to create toolbar buttons.

Enjoy!

MHultgren
2006-03-13, 02:22 PM
Hi Richard,
Which version(s) have you tested these on? I can forward this to the Exchange manager if you like, since we are currently working on a revamped and better exchange system that should be released before too long. send me a PM and let me know if you would like me to submit it for you.

sinc
2006-03-13, 05:03 PM
I've tested it in versions 2004 and 2006. There are release notes included.

Wouldn't you know it, but I discovered I introduced a bug in a last-minute change. Drat!

The PTINV command erroneously used the Datum Adjustment value from the other commands, and would therefore sometimes return incorrect results when used with a surface. I have changed the PTINV.LSP file. The zip file in my original post has been edited to include the fix.

sinc
2006-10-29, 09:59 PM
Here's a new version (http://ejsurveying.com/sincpac.htm), updated for 2007.

I also made the help available on-line, so you can see what it does before downloading.