PDA

View Full Version : Callout Problems

mlgatzke
2004-04-28, 10:23 PM
I was trying to help several students today with a particular dilemma. They created a callout from a floor plan for an enlarged bathroom plan to show additional detail and place their annotation. However, they were unable to place Elevation marks or Plan Regions (the buttons were "grayed-out"). Also, when they would place these items in their floor plan view, they wouldn't show in their callout.

They funny thing is that there were other students that followed the same procedure and they could work with the callout just fine.

Anyone have any idea why?

Henry D
2004-04-29, 02:29 AM
Mike,

Could this be part of the problem? In the Element Properties of a Section Mark there is a parameter "Hide at scales coarser than". If you are trying to place a Section Mark in a view that has a scale coarser than the parameter is set for, the Section Marker won't appear. For instance, if I place section marks on my 1/4" Floor Plan, they wont appear on my 1/8" Elevations if I have "Hide at scales coarser than" set to any scale greater than 1/8".

mlgatzke
2004-04-29, 03:43 AM
No, I checked this. Besides, the elevation marks appear in the 1/8" plan, but not in the 1/4" enlarged plan callout. But thanks anyway. Any other ideas?

<edit> Also, in the view that the elevation marks and plan regions are unavailable, the user cannot place elements like plumbing fixtures, stalls, etc. Hmmmm.

frame
2004-05-05, 09:46 PM
The callout is likely a "detail view" not a "plan view".
When placing the callout, make sure you are checking the type selector before drawing the callout.

What are some of the differences between these two types of view?

1. a detail view can show up in intersecting view (as section)
2. a detail view can be dis-associated from its parent view
3. once dis-associated, it can be rotated to be non-parallel to oringinal plane

Scott Hopkins
2004-05-05, 11:03 PM
Hey Frame,

How do you dis-associate a detail view? I looked in the help files and couldn't find any answers.

Henry D
2004-05-06, 03:27 AM
I've used plan view callouts of walls to make up a wall type schedule. Are you saying plan view callouts can't be rotated? ...because I have been able to rotate them.

frame
2004-05-06, 04:42 PM
To dis-associate, make the detail have <none> for parent view param.
What I meant by rotation--not in plan, but in section/elevation.
A detail view can be rotated to be non-parallel to ground plane.

Scott Hopkins
2004-05-06, 06:05 PM
Thanks frame,

When you said dis-associate I thought you might have meant something similar to exploding an AutoCAD XREF. I see now that is not the case.

mlgatzke
2004-05-08, 08:22 PM
Frame,

You were absolutely right. That was the problem. Thanks. I forgot all about that option.