PDA

View Full Version : Using Building Pads in Revit Structure

david_spehar
2006-03-14, 09:52 PM
My firm has been using Revit Building in the arch. dept. for a while and are just about to start using Revit Structure in our struct. dept. I am working on a project that is currently using building pads in the topo for slabs on grade. Before I get too far I was wondering if this is this the recommended approach for integrating Revit Structure or is there a better way to do it? Building pads seem to be pretty limited in their edit-ability (can't be cut by void extrusions, don't respond to the cut and join geometry tools, can't sweep them). I do not have alot of experience working with pads. We usually do slabs on grade as floors so I don't know which is better.

david_peterson
2006-03-14, 10:24 PM
I'd got with the stuctural slab, then you can define the type and even the reinforcing.

david_spehar
2006-03-15, 01:44 PM
I was thinking that I should set the elevation of the building pad so that it acts as my compacted fill and then the structural slab with granular base will sit on top of it. Is there a difference between creating floors in Revit Building vs. slabs? It looks like they both reference the same family types.