PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Color Fills & Offset Levels

scottwadd345906
2006-03-15, 01:05 AM
We have a building with a ground floor that is tiered ( a total of 3'-4") to match the exterior grade. Because the building is complicated enough as it is with other offset floor levels, we decided to consider all of the ground floor tiers as level 1, then use base offset for walls and things. The problem is that we set the level at the lowest tier, so rooms are being affected by basement walls that rise above Level 1, although in the Area Settings we set Area Calculations at 4 ft--above the top tier. What should I do? Set the Level to be at the highest tier? Create separate levels?

The other problem is that color fills, which of course are all on the plane of the level, are being covered by the topography. Argh...

sjsl
2006-03-15, 02:27 AM
I'm not completely sure of your question, as the question gets a little confusing towards the end. Could you please help us help you by clarifying more of your intent. Thanks.

Some first thoughts:

1. Are you using "plan regions" with this model? It sounds like a perfect candidate.

2.Don't forget to use building pads to cut thru your topo model.

scottwadd345906
2006-03-15, 02:55 PM
Sure. The floor steps up (3'-4") from Level 1. Some walls on the level below are higher than Level 1, (see attached section ) and interfere with the room tags. I tried changing the 'Specified Height' of the Room Calculations to 5', but it did not help. Why would a plan region be necessary here?