PDA

View Full Version : Conditional formula

Vincent Valentijn
2004-04-29, 10:29 AM
I want to make a single switch to make one solid visible and another invisble. I made a yes/no parameter and set it to the visibility of one solid. Now I tried to control visibility for the other by making another yes/no parameter and adding the formula " = IF ( switch = 0 , 1 , 0 )
Which I figured would mean;
if switch is NO, this paramter is YES and if the other is YES, this one is NO.

// anyone have an idea on what I'm missing? Or maybe an alternative method? [I've thought of adding a integer parameter to manuallly set to 0 or 1 > thus allowing for IF statements in regard to this numerical value instead of a yes/no parameter]

David Conant
2004-04-29, 02:36 PM
Yes/No parameters don't need an explicit IF. They simply need a statement that can be evaluated as true or false. When the result is true the param will be Yes, when the result is False, the param will be No. Thus to make a parameter that is always the opposite of Switch (lets call it Result), set the value of Result to = not (Switch). When Switch is yes, this evaluates to No and vice versa.

SkiSouth
2004-04-29, 03:13 PM
You musta designed the HP engineering calculators also - :lol: What did you just say? - Just kidding :wink:

David Conant
2004-04-29, 03:40 PM
No Reverse Polish notation here. Making one yes/no = another will put them in sync. Making one = Not the other will make them act as opposites.
If the illustrious moderators will give me some more upload space I'll post a picture of the properties dialog.

Steve_Stafford
2004-04-29, 03:45 PM
...If the {blank} moderators will give me some more upload space...

DoNe

David Conant
2004-04-29, 03:54 PM
Here is a properties dialog using yes/no parameters.

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=2189

Scott Hopkins
2004-04-29, 04:26 PM
Good Tip - Thanks David.

Moderators - this might be a good one for tips and tricks..

yeah, yeah, yeah