PDA

View Full Version : Shared Parameters Won't Transfer

ryanmcin
2006-03-15, 06:29 PM
I'm having a problem with transferring my project standards from one file to another. I have created a library of standard wall assemblies which I planned on transferring from that file into the specific project. The wall families all transfer but many of the shared parameters which are part of the families do not. I've got close to 20 shared parameters which should be transfered, however 4 of them will not come across. Any ideas? Is there a limit as too the quantity of shared parameters that can be transfered?

aggockel50321
2006-03-15, 07:57 PM
A guess, but are all the shared parameters contained in one shared parameter file?

ryanmcin
2006-03-15, 09:18 PM
Heres an update, but first in response to andrewg, Yes all of the parameters are in the same file.

I seem to have found a work-around (all to common of a solution with Revit), which I will discuss shortly, but first some background. The parameters which are not transferring are all empty. As an example I have created parameters to specify the item # for each separate finish material, since I didn't have this information yet I left those fields blank. What is interesting is that not all of the parameters with blank fields have this problem, it appears to be occurring at random. I did some more investigating and testing and found a workaround (for now), which is actually a fine solution, but that is more due to coincidence than design. If the field is defined in any one of the families then the parameter will transfer correctly. When I have completed the wall assemblies then the fields will be filled so that problem will go away, but that doesn't explain why the problem existed to begin with.