PDA

View Full Version : Plan Detail Callouts

brd
2006-03-15, 09:36 PM
I am having a little issue with the graphic appearance of plan detail callouts. I ran a search for similar issues, but found nothing like the problem I'm having. On the floor plan (i.e. 1/8" scale), I would like to place a plan detail callout for a column pilaster. However, the physical (real time) size of the detail view determines the real time size of the dashed line on the 1/8" scale floor plan. If I stretch down the size of the view box in the detail view so that it only shows the pilaster I want to detail, then the callout box on the floor plan shows up as a tiny, bold and thick line that is NOT dashed. The only way to dash the line on the callout box is to stretch it back out on the plan, which makes the detail view way, way too big on the details sheet. So it's a catch 22, either the detail views are humongous on the details sheet and overlapping on the view next to it, or the callout box is way too big or small on the floor plan, and making the floor plan look sloppy and messy.

However, I've noticed that when I reference another callout to this view, you can make the callout box on the plan any size you want without changing the view range on the detail view. Why can't these callout boxes be more like interior elevation tags where you can set the elevation's view range with the little blue line right there in the plan? Surely someone else has run into this problem and found a good work around, any ideas?